What will it mean to be college and career ready in 2025, and how can higher and postsecondary education institutions begin to consider and adapt their practices now to ensure graduates have the skills they need to succeed in an uncertain future?
Shaping the Future of Learning: Higher and Postsecondary Education Strategy Workbook explores five critical opportunities for faculty, administrators and leaders in higher education:
- The importance of educating the whole person and enabling lifelong learning
- Reorienting education around learners while strengthening society
- Creating flexible approaches to learning and coordination
- Grounding systems-level change in equity to better serve all learners
- Redefining success beyond a letter grade
In responding to these areas of opportunity, higher education innovators have the chance to broaden and diversify learning experiences, to consider new business models, to collaborate within and beyond the sector and to explore far-reaching questions about the purpose and outcomes of higher education.