KnowledgeWorks has been partnering with early college high schools for more than ten years and we have seen the power they have to transform not only students’ lives, but also those of their families and communities. That’s part of the reason we’re proud to be participating in the College in High School Alliance (CHSA), a collaborative effort by more than three dozen organizations to better leverage federal and state policies to support early college high school and dual and concurrent enrollment.
- Leveraging current policy opportunities to advance early college high school and dual and concurrent enrollment, such as through the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Elevating opportunities in ESSA “to expand and scale dual and concurrent enrollment and early college high school programs”
- Engaging in advocacy with the new presidential administration and Congress to support the evaluation of U.S. Department of Education (ED) Pell Experimental Site as well as expansion to additional sites
- Developing recommendations for advancement of dual and concurrent enrollment and early college high school programs in the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act
- Drafting recommendations for advancing these programs through the Higher Education Act