The strategies were developed by looking at innovations policymakers and educators implemented as temporary strategies to better meet the needs of individual students that emerged during the COVID-19 pandemic. What of these temporary strategies can become more permanent solutions that will ensure systems are more resilient and equitable as our country rebuilds?
The five strategies for advancing student-centered innovation focus on:
- Building a culture of innovation
- Rethinking seat time and student engagement
- Creating transparent competency-based learning frameworks
- Establishing competency-based graduation pathways
- Balancing state assessment systems