Across the US, people are re-imagining how schools might function in the future, taking with us lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic. Youth are directly affected by these issues and by the design of education systems and learning experiences. Yet they are often left out of conversations about how education might need to change and what might be possible – and preferred – when it comes to the future of learning.
KnowledgeWorks partnered with Remake Learning and SLB Radio Productions to gather youth ideas about how to forge a future of learning we can all benefit from.
Among the key elements youth spoke about were:
- Importance of relationships in learning
- Need for personalization of learning
- Integral role of student supports in learning
- Roles of learning locations – the spaces and places that support education
- Guiding beliefs and values that shape learning cultures
Read the brief or download the infographic to learn more about these five elements youth identified and why they are important for their ideal future of learning.