The Goal:The state has partnered with a diverse coalition of stakeholders to take preliminary steps to identify and address funding barriers to implementation of personalized teaching and learning models.
- The state collaborates with diverse stakeholders to identify funding streams that can be leveraged to support a vision for personalized learning and to identify the barriers that make it difficult for local innovators to pilot new learning models. Strategies to improve funding systems should address:
- State and local revenue adequacy and sustainability
- Equitable and flexible distribution of state and local education funding to target resources where they are needed the most
- Flexibility and incentives to ensure equitable access to high-quality learning experiences and instruction
- State policymakers analyze inequities in the state’s school funding formula, including gaps in per-pupil expenditures between schools, and partner with district leaders, educators, communities and other stakeholders to create a plan that ensures sufficient funding to meet the needs of every student.