Early college high schools provide more than just college credit; they provide a way up. KnowledgeWorks has been partnering with early college high schools for more than ten years. In that span of time, we have seen over and over that early college high school works – it works for communities, student and their families.
Our data demonstrates that Ohio’s early college high schools:
- Graduate at a higher rate
- Have a higher rate of college readiness than their peers
- Are more likely to continue on past high school in higher education
- Have higher rates of postsecondary completion
- Save students and their families money on college tuition
The Ohio Early College High Schools Infographic highlights data from the 13 early colleges that make up the Ohio Early College Association (OECA). Each of these schools provide every student with an academic roadmap that accelerates them through a rigorous high school course of study, helping students earn transferrable college credits while still in high school, at no additional cost to the students or their families. At many schools, students graduate high school with both a diploma and an associate degree.