The Learner-Centered Teaching Community is an educator-driven group facilitated through the KnowledgeWorks Personalized Learning Community, an online network that connects personalized learning practitioners from multiple states.
This network, facilitated by fellow educators, is designed to connect a diverse community of educators from across the country who are working to grow learner agency, ensure high expectations for all and foster a learning environment where every student belongs.
Through an easy-to-access online community and regular virtual meetups, members of this group will be able to:
- Network with educators from across the country who are working to give students more voice and choice in their learning
- Share practical, relevant and achievable personalized, competency-based learning strategies
- Access a safe space of support to share ideas, overcome challenges and celebrate successes
- Lift up and learn from fellow educators who are innovating for equity every day
- Contribute to a growing resource bank of learner-centered approaches from across the country
- Engage in a variety of peer-to-peer learning activities when and how you want
- Co-design group activities and shape the conversation based on member needs
Membership is currently free and open for educators who align with the community’s values and beliefs and agree to provide regular feedback on their experiences as part of the community.
Community values and beliefs
While members of the Learner-Centered Teaching Community are each serving unique communities and are at different stages of creating learner-centered environments for their students, educators who are a part of this group share the following values and beliefs:
- All students can learn and deserve:
- To have a voice in their education and make choices about how and when they demonstrate their learning
- High expectations for achievement
- Encouragement to be curious and develop a lifelong love of learning
- To love and understand themselves as an individual
- As a community, we will evolve and grow together as new ideas, insights, research and strategies emerge
- Learning is a collaborative process that begins with the “WHY”
- Educators are also learners and deserve inclusive access to professional learning opportunities that meets them where they are and moves forward with purpose toward intentional outcomes
- All educators are leaders and can drive transformation