SIIA Ed Tech Industry Conference 2020
Get Inspired. Connected. Informed.
The EdTech Industry Conference brings together executives from EdTech to interact with others and engage in dialogue around the business of EdTech and the intersection of education through interactive breakouts, keynote panels, and structured conversations around:
- Defining the New Normal
- Funding Priorities
- Educator, Student, Parent Perspectives
- Moving to Personalized Learning With Products
- At-Home Connection
- Policy Changes
- Equity and Efficacy
Moving from the Classroom to Family Room: Impacts on Teaching and Learning
KnowledgeWorks Maria Romero will participate in the breakout session panel on May 28, 2020, from 2:00 – 2:45 pm ET.
One of the big challenges for providers of EdTech and content as classrooms are closed, and likely to remain constrained in the new school year, is how to support the family dynamics now that education is happening in the home. How companies can better support what is occurring in the home and what the impacts are on teaching and learning will be discussed during this session.
The session will be moderated by David Rust, General Manager, ETIN Board Member, HITN. Panelists are:
- Malika Ali, Director of Pedagogy, Highlander Institute
- Mariana Diaz-Wionczek, President, MDW Consulting and Research
- Lorea Martinez, Consultant, Lorea Martinez
- Maria Romero, Senior Manager in Strategic Foresight, KnowledgeWorks