Learn team coaching skills and personalized, competency-based learning techniques with other educators and administrators from across North Carolina at one of four upcoming professional development days co-hosted by Constructive Learning Design and KnowledgeWorks, with special guest Bryan Setser of rpkGROUP.
Register by 5:00 PM Friday, April 20th to get free registration*
The sessions are designed for teachers, administrators, coaches, and other educators who are interested in learning more about how competency-based learning and team coaching can be used to personalize learning for both students and teachers.
Four regional events to choose from:
- May 1, 2018: Buncombe County Early College, 340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801
- May 2, 2018: Hawthorne Academy of Health Sciences, 1411 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte, NC 28205
- May 3, 2018: The Frontier, 800 Park Offices Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
- May 4, 2018: Craven County Schools, 3600 Trent Road, New Bern, NC 28562
*To get free registration, please click pay by check on the payment screen during registration and our event team will waive the fee.
Registration for all events begin at 8:30 AM. All events will conclude by 3:30 PM
Morning sessions, presented by KnowledgeWorks:
- Establish the “why” behind personalized, competency-based learning: With the rapid pace of change in how we work and learn, we all need to think differently about how we prepare students for college and career.
- Foundational elements of personalized, competency-based learning: Attendees will learn actions to grow learner agency, including classroom practices and social-emotional learning strategies. Attendees will consider frames for developing a local vision for personalized learning, and considerations for scaling personalized learning system-wide.
Lunch and learn, presented by Dr. Bryan Setser, principal at rpkGROUP
- Creating a culture of innovation and return on investment for education organizations: Dr. Setser will speak to the mindsets, skillsets and toolsets required to tell a story of a return on innovation and investment to your leaders, boards, and stakeholders as you design the future ready campuses of the next decade. If you’ve ever wanted to establish and communicate a shared future vision for sustainability and growth of your competency-based and personalized models – this session is one you can’t miss.
Afternoon sessions, presented by Constructive Learning
- Building effective feedback loops: If you’re going to personalize and innovate, you will need strong teams with the ability to coach one another. Participants will be introduced to Constructive Learning Design’s 3-D Model of continuous improvement, and learn how teams of teachers and other educators can give and receive feedback throughout the learning cycle to improve teaching and learning.
- Coaching conversations: So much of coaching and collaboration happens through conversation. How do we harness the power of questions and listening to coach teachers through cycles of teaching and learning? Participants will learn questioning and listening that can be used with teachers, students, and others to drive learning and growth.
Questions about the event? Contact us.